oids and tsearch2 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Marcus Engene
Subject oids and tsearch2
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi list.

I have a table as

CREATE TABLE mytable
(
  objectid                   INTEGER PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL
,description                TEXT
,idxfti                     tsvector  -- for tsearch2
)
WITHOUT OIDS;

CREATE INDEX mytable_fts ON mytable USING gist(idxfti);

...and the update trigger when description is changed.

I wonder, was it a bad idea to create mytable without oids? Does the
tsearch2 indexing require it? If yes, must I recreate the table or can I
add oids on an existing table?

 From the user doc about oids, I haven't really figured out when to use
them or not. So by habit I disable them.

Thanks,
Marcus