I'm getting "ERROR: unsupported type: 17296" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Florian G. Pflug
Subject I'm getting "ERROR: unsupported type: 17296"
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

I'm running postgresql 8.0.2 on Linux.

In one of our databases we have a table (lets call it
datagraph."MyTable", the real name is german), that
includes a field (called "KC") of type datagraph."Char".
datagraph."Char" is a subtype of varchar, created with
create domain datagraph."Char" as varchar.

When I do
select * from datagraph."MyTable" where "KC" like "TT%"
everything works fine.

When I do
select * from datagraph."MyTable" where "KC" like "TTT%"
, postgres responds with "ERROR:  unsupported type: 17296".
There is an index on this column, but the error still
happens, even when I drop the index.

Type 17296 is my datagraph."Char" type - it looks like this in
pg_type:

typname: Char
typnamespace: 17231
typowner: 100
typlen: -1
typbyval: f
typtype: d
typisdefined: t
typdelim: ,
typrelid: 0
typelem: 0
typinput: varcharin
typoutput: varcharout
typreceive: varcharrecv
typsend: varcharsend
typanalyze: -
typalign: i
typstorage: x
typnotnull: f
typbasetype: 1043
typtypmod: -1
typndims: 0
typdefaultbin:
typdefault:

If I try creating a similar typ, and a table containing this typ
in another database on the same host, I can't reproduce the bug.. :-(

Any ideas?

greetings, Florian Pflug

Attachment