generic builtin functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject generic builtin functions
Date
Re: generic builtin functions  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
I am looking at creating a few generic functions builtin for the enum
stuff. These would be tied to each enum type as it is created. However,
they should not really appear in pg_proc initially, as there wouldn't be
any enum types to tie them to anyway. But I want them to have reserved
oids and appear in the list of builtins.

So I could hack genbki to exclude them, or I could add some code to
remove them from pg_proc after the event. Bioth of these some a bit
hackish. Maybe there's a trick I'm not aware of?

cheers

andrew