Re: PL language selection - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tino Wildenhain
Subject Re: PL language selection
Date
List pgsql-general
Nicolay A Vasiliev schrieb:
> Richard Huxton wrote:
>
>> Nicolay A Vasiliev wrote:

>> The others have their strengths and weaknesses depending on the
>> language itself. If you're prepared to compile from source there is a
>> pl-php which might interest you.
>>
>> It's from the nice people at Command Prompt:
>>   http://www.commandprompt.com/community/plphp/
>

> I've heard about this, but Perl and Python are more preferred for us.
                                       ^^^^^^^
as such, dont miss
http://python.projects.postgresql.org/

which is a new approach for pl/python (among
other things it does too) It allows you,
with PG 8.x, to write set returning functions
which are lazy (e.g. built values as they
are fetched) - via standard generator objects.