Re: Schemas shown in ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas
Subject Re: Schemas shown in ODBC
Date
List pgsql-general
Claus Scherschel wrote:

>I've just upgraded from Postgres 8.0.1 to 8.1. For testing purposes I'm
>using a MS Access Frontend connected by ODBC. This worked fine until I
>switched to the new ODBC-Driver (the Unicode-version). When I try to
>connect to some new tables, the ODBC-Driver shows tables from the
>information_schema only.

same here
Acc2K on Win2K
Someone on the ODBC-list said Acc2K is not affected on WinXP.
StarOffice8 on Win2K doesn't show this issue either.

You could easily link your tables by a little VBA script within Acc2K
even though linking by dialog won't be possible.

************
Public Sub LinkTable()
    Const strSchema As String = "public"
    Const strTblInt As String = "tblTest"         ' name of table within
Access
    Const strTblExt As String = "t_test"          ' name of table within
Postgres

    Dim db As DAO.Database
    Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef

    Set db = CurrentDb()