Re: self-deadlock at FATAL exit of boostrap process on read error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: self-deadlock at FATAL exit of boostrap process on read error
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> writes:
> I encounter a situation that the server can't shutdown when a boostrap
> process does ReadBuffer() but gets an read error.

Hm, AtProcExit_Buffers is assuming that we've done AbortTransaction,
but the WAL-replay process doesn't do that because it's not running a
transaction.  Seems like we need to stack another on-proc-exit function
to do the appropriate subset of AbortTransaction ... LWLockReleaseAll at
least, not sure what else.

Do you have a test case to reproduce this problem?