can't build contrib/uuid-ossp - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jeff Hamann
Subject can't build contrib/uuid-ossp
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dear PostgreSQL bug-squasher-team,

I was trying to build postgresql-9.0.2 with the following ./configure:

$ ./configure --enable-cassert --enable-debug --with-python --with-ossp-uuid

and got the following message:

checking uuid.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: uuid.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: uuid.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: uuid.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: uuid.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: uuid.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------------- ##
checking for uuid.h... yes

I've downloaded and installed the requisite ossp-uuid library:

ftp ftp://ftp.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid/uuid-1.6.2.tar.gz

which builds fine (I didn't use the ./configure --with-pgsql option for ins=
talling uuid-1.6.2 as it throws an error too).=20

Sadly, I got this to install yesterday, but in a ridiculously stupid brain =
lapse, I didn't document it.=20

I'm nor trying to recreate the postgresql-9.0.2 install from scratch and ge=
t stuck here.

Help?

Respectfully,
Jeff.

Jeff Hamann, PhD
PO Box 1421
Corvallis, Oregon 97339-1421
541-754-2457
jeff.hamann[at]forestinformatics[dot]com
http://www.forestinformatics.com
http://forufus.blogspot.com/