Re: how to emit line number in a function? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bricklen Anderson
Subject Re: how to emit line number in a function?
Date
List pgsql-general
Richard Huxton wrote:
> Bricklen Anderson wrote:
>
>>I couldn't find any useful references in the docs or archives for emitting the
>>line number of a plpgsql function (in a RAISE statement). I'd like to use it for
>>debugging some complex functions.
>>Does anyone have any tips on where to look, or an example of this?
>

> I don't think you can do so yourself. However, recent versions of PG
> should display the line number of a RAISE NOTICE or similar if you have
> the error verbosity high enough.

Okay, thanks for the head's up.
Is there any other way to get the current line number, for example, an inline
function call to elog(?) or something? It's not a huge deal, but it would be
useful for debugging and timings.

--