Mailing list gripes (was Re: Re: Maybe a Bug, maybe bad SQL) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Mailing list gripes (was Re: Re: Maybe a Bug, maybe bad SQL)
Date
List pgsql-sql
Louis-David Mitterrand <vindex@apartia.ch> writes:
> As if subject mangling and annoying footers were not enough.

You can turn off subject mangling in your subscription preferences.
If you haven't gone through majordomo's "help set" info recently,
you might spend the time to do so --- there's a lot of interesting new
preference options in recent majordomo releases.  I find setting
subscription class = UNIQUE particularly helpful to handle subscriptions
to multiple pgsql lists.

I haven't looked to see if the footers can be turned off or not.
Personally I'd vote for losing them altogether...

> I wish people could also lose the preaching in their signatures.

Amen, brother ;-)
        regards, tom lane