Re: Sequence dependencies - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Sequence dependencies
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>Should we not just make this part of contrib/adddepend?
>
> Uh, I thought adddepend did more than just sequence dependencies, and I

Yes it does...

> am worried it might mess up someone's database.

Adddepend has been around for a long time - seems to work perfectly.

>  Also, by doing it
> manually, users will see which sequences are being changed to late
> binding, and perhaps catch ones they do not want changed.

The addddepend script asks Y/N on each.

Also, consider people upgrading from 7.2 to 8.1.  They should only have
to run the adddepend script to get ALL the dependencies, right?

How about it's in the release notes and in adddepend?

Chris

ps. I can't actually _code_ it, as I'm no Perl coder :)