Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/19/2005 3:46 PM, Dann Corbit wrote:
> Would you want varchar(30) 'Dann Corbit' to compare equal to bpchar(30)
> 'Dann Corbit'?
>
> I would.

wieck=# select 'Jan'::varchar(20) = 'Jan'::char(20);
  ?column?
----------
(1 row)

wieck=# select 'Jan'::char(20) = 'Jan'::varchar(20);
  ?column?
(1 row)

wieck=# select version();
                                version
  PostgreSQL 8.0.4 on i386-unknown-freebsd4.9, compiled by GCC 2.95.4
(1 row)

Did I miss anything?

Jan