Re: BUG #6407: Crash on queries to gin index with multiply values - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #6407: Crash on queries to gin index with multiply values
Date
List pgsql-bugs
don@rosfirm.ru writes:
> When making "in" query to fiels with gin index, server crashes. Below
> create table tmp(id serial not null primary key, f1 integer, f2 text);
> insert into tmp (f1,f2) values (1,'a'),(2,'b'),(3,'c');
> create index tmp_f1_idx on tmp using gin (f1);
> create index tmp_f2_idx on tmp using gin (f2);

I assume you've got contrib/btree_gin installed?  Because in a bare
server those CREATE INDEX commands wouldn't work at all.

> set enable_seqscan to off;
> select * from tmp where f1 in (1, 2);
> After this query server chrashes:
> server process (PID ...) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault
> The same after query on text field:
> select * from tmp where f2 in ('a', 'd');

FWIW, works for me.  Do you have any nonstandard settings that might
affect this?  Is it possible you've got a copy of btree_gin.so that
isn't compatible with your server?

            regards, tom lane