Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Apr 22, 2014, at 7:29 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> "Big features", that is the ones we want to lead with in press stuff:
>
> * JSONB et. al.

I think to echo some of the earlier statements, the important thing is how we label this feature.  "Enhanced JSON
accessthat rivals other NoSQL system speeds" or the like would generate a lot of buzz.  And we can definitely play-up
theGIN indexing improvements around this and show what other data types / systems reap the benefits of those.
> * Logical Decoding/Changeset Extraction (need a marketing name for this
> feature, I like Logical Streaming Replication, but that's not complete yet)

Then perhaps we hold off highlighting this feature, similar to what we did with mat views for 9.3?  Ultimately, once
"logicalstreaming replication" is complete, the tag line is "replicate PostgreSQL information into *any* system"

Jonathan