Re: serial types, pg_depend, permissions - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: serial types, pg_depend, permissions
Date
List pgadmin-support
Christopher St John wrote:
> i'm using pgadmin3 v1.2.2 on os x against a postgres 8.0.3 server to
> add a bigserial column to a table. i'm getting the error:
>
>   ERROR: permission denied for relation pg_depend

OK, your diagnose is quite right, missing permissions; we should check
that before trying to add the dependency.
In addition, this is code from early days, apparently adding a serial is
now supported in 8.0, I missed that. Still, since pgAdmin supports
adding arbitrary sequences too, we can't drop the pg_dependency stuff
completely.

Regards,
Andreas