Re: How to delete Large Object from Database? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: How to delete Large Object from Database?
Date
Re: How to delete Large Object from Database?  ("Premsun Choltanwanich" <Premsun@nsasia.co.th>)
List pgsql-sql
Premsun Choltanwanich wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I use '$libdir/lo' for manage my PostgreSQL Large Object. It work fine
> for me to get and put Large Object  from and to database. However I
> found something that may not correct when I try to backup my data. It
> seem that I cannot delete Large Object from database. It seem the thing
> I can do is only delete the reference oid from table but Object still in
> database.

> So,How to delete Large Object from Database? or Is my understanding wrong?

Deleting the OID does not remove the object itself - see details of
lo_unlink() in Chapter 28 of the manuals.

I seem to recall some other utilities in the contrib/ directory of the
source distribution too.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd