Re: Comparative performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Comparative performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
Joe wrote:

> The pages do use a number of queries to collect all the data for display
> but nowhere near 50.  I'd say it's probably less than a dozen.
>
> The schema is fairly simple having two main tables: topic and entry
> (sort of like account and transaction in an accounting scenario).  There
> are two additional tables that perhaps could be merged into the entry
> table

Hm, if you only have 4 tables, why do you need 12 queries?
To reduce queries, join them in the query; no need to merge them
physically. If you have only two main tables, I'd bet you only need 1-2
queries for the whole page.

Regards,
Andreas