Re: Questions about Rollback - after insert, update, - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Emi Lu
Subject Re: Questions about Rollback - after insert, update,
Date
List pgsql-general
If ibatis can catch the exception in the program, rollback will work
fine. Could the failure of the transaction in ibatis because of the
network lost or tomcat server shutting down during the procedure.

For instance, in java program

set autocommit = false;
startTranaction
  insert ...              // step1
  update ...            //step2

  /* Error */
  Network lost to DB server or Tomcat server unexceptly shutting down?

  delete          //step3
commitChanges;

Could it because of the communication interrupt between the Web Server
and DB server during the atomic transaction? As a result, step1 & step2
runs successfully in Database, while step3 failed. Also, rollback failed?