Re: Time to start the PR machine - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Time to start the PR machine
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Jim C. Nasby wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 01:01:19PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>

>>>Emphasize the freedom of the BSD license?
>>>

>>Again, in "about PostgreSQL".
>>

>I'm not sure what the best way to do this is, but I think more emphasis
>about what being BSD licensed means for corporations would be good.
>We're seeing companies that are pleasantly surprised to find out how
>much more flexible dealing with PostgreSQL is from a licensing
>standpoint than certain other 'free as in herpes' databases.

I can concur with this. I have had several large customers
come to CMD + PostgreSQL, just because the other guys
are GPL.

It didn't matter that we were a better database. They just
didn't like the license.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake