Re: Time to start the PR machine - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Time to start the PR machine
Date
Re: Time to start the PR machine  ("Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh, all:

> >I'm not sure what the best way to do this is, but I think more emphasis
> >about what being BSD licensed means for corporations would be good.
> >We're seeing companies that are pleasantly surprised to find out how
> >much more flexible dealing with PostgreSQL is from a licensing
> >standpoint than certain other 'free as in herpes' databases.
>
> I can concur with this. I have had several large customers
> come to CMD + PostgreSQL, just because the other guys
> are GPL.

Good points all.

However, I'd rather not make a big point of the license in this release.
We did that with the last release (which paid dividends) but I think
everyone knows about it now.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus