Re: Getting vacuum results - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Joseph Shraibman
Subject Re: Getting vacuum results
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
It's funny.  Your test program works, but in my server I get this:

Got SQLException: Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to
fail. Please report this exception.

... and nothing else.

Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Joseph Shraibman wrote:
>
>> If I run VACUUM VERBOSE from jdbc, how do I get the output?  There are
>> no SQLWarnings attached to the resultset.
>>

> SQLWarnings are attached to the Statement because VACUUM does not
> produce a query result.  The attached test case shows this working fine
> for me.  The one complication is that vacuum puts out some of its
> interesting information in the Detail: part of the log message.  The
> JDBC driver doesn't normally put this information into the warning
> message, so you must either increase the loglevel URL parameter or use
> the 8.1 series and write pg specific code to access the individual
> fields of the ServerErrorMessage class.  We plan to increase the number
> of fields used to construct the error string to include the Detail
> field, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
>
> Kris Jurka

> import java.sql.*;
>
> public class Vacuum {
>
>     public static void main(String args[]) throws Exception {
>         Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
>         Connection conn =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/jurka?loglevel=1","jurka","");