Re: Appropriate wxLongLong method? - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Appropriate wxLongLong method?
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hiroshi Saito wrote:
> Hi Andreas.
>
> Now, am only I strange?

I don't know... :-)

> base/base.cpp: In function `wxString NumToStr(wxLongLongNative)':
> base/base.cpp:130: cannot pass objects of non-POD type `class wxLongLong'

Very weird. This has to be checked with your compiler, together with
wxLongLongFmtSpec. For my 2.6 Linux with gcc3.4, wxLongLongFmtSpec is
"ll" (ell-ell), so the resulting printf format string is %lld, requiring
a long long passed by value as argument. Apparently there's some
mismatch for your compiler.

>  #else
>  #ifdef __FreeBSD__
> -#define atolonglong(str) strtoll(str, (char **)NULL, 10)
> +#define atolonglong(str) strtoll(str, NULL, 10)
>  #else

More weird. What's the required argument for strtoll for your platform?
I'm quite sure the (char**) cast was invented to match system header's
needs, so other FreeBSD versions might fail after your patch.

Regards,
Andreas