Disk Usage Problem - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Michael Fahey
Subject Disk Usage Problem
Date
List pgsql-admin
My database cluster at 22 GB is outgrowing the 30 GB partition I set
aside for it.

I periodically dump the cluster to a development server, but when it is
loaded onto the development server, the cluster takes up just 145MB.

I use temporary tables fairly extensively in a key part of the application.

Here are the biggest tables in the production system:

             relname             | relfilenode | relpages
 pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index |       16609 |  2519264
 pg_attribute_relid_attnum_index |       16610 |    98014
 pg_class_relname_nsp_index      |       16614 |    25220

I'm using 7.4.7-6sarge1 . I vacuum nightly and do a full vacuum weekly,
but this doesn't seem to have any effect on size.

TIA

Michael