Re: sqlstate 02000 while declaring cursor/freeing prepared - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From andy rost
Subject Re: sqlstate 02000 while declaring cursor/freeing prepared
Date
List pgsql-sql
Sure. I'm using ECPG (ecpg -t -r no_indicator -C INFORMIX) in a TRU64
operating system for PostgreSQL version 8.0.2. By occasionally, I mean
that I don't observe this problems for each declare and free statement
that I've encoded - only for a subset of those commands. But I do
observe this problem consistently within that subset - the same command
fails every time for a small number of declares and frees.

Unfortunately, I do not have a case that can be easily reproduced. The
commands that fail are part of a large system.

It seems like an odd error for these kinds of commands.

Thanks ...

Andy

Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 02:28:24PM -0500, andy rost wrote:
>
>>I'm in the process of porting Informix ESQL to PostgreSQL. I
>>occasionally get sqlcode = 100 and sqlstate = 02000 when declaring
>>cursors or freeing prepared statements. Is this normal? For example:
>>
>>    $declare loop1 cursor with hold for
>>    select distinct ( tabname )
>>    from meta ;
>>
>>results in sqlca.sqlcode = 100 and sqlca.sqlstate = '02000'
>

> Could you provide a little more context?  Are you using ECPG?  What
> version of PostgreSQL are you using?  When you say that you
> "occasionally" see this behavior, do you mean that you see it
> consistently with some commands and not with others, or do you mean
> that the same command sometimes does it and sometimes not?
>
> Do you have a reproducible test case?  That is, everything that
> somebody could do to reproduce the behavior on their own system?

Andrew Rost
National Operational Hydrologic Remote Sensing Center (NOHRSC)
National Weather Service, NOAA
1735 Lake Dr. West, Chanhassen, MN 55317-8582
Voice: (952)361-6610 x 234
Fax: (952)361-6634
arost@nohrsc.nws.gov
http://www.nohrsc.nws.gov