sqlstate 02000 while declaring cursor/freeing prepared statements - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From andy rost
Subject sqlstate 02000 while declaring cursor/freeing prepared statements
Date
List pgsql-sql
I'm new to the PostgreSQL community so please pardon what is probably a
silly question. Also, this is my first attempt at posting so you might
have seen this already (Sorry!) ...

I'm in the process of porting Informix ESQL to PostgreSQL. I
occasionally get sqlcode = 100 and sqlstate = 02000 when declaring
cursors or freeing prepared statements. Is this normal? For example:
    $declare loop1 cursor with hold for    select distinct ( tabname )    from meta ;

results in sqlca.sqlcode = 100 and sqlca.sqlstate = '02000'
Andrew Rost
National Operational Hydrologic Remote Sensing Center (NOHRSC)
National Weather Service, NOAA
1735 Lake Dr. West, Chanhassen, MN 55317-8582
Voice: (952)361-6610 x 234
Fax: (952)361-6634
arost@nohrsc.nws.gov
http://www.nohrsc.nws.gov