Re: Good Books - Mailing list pgsql-general

From postgresql@bryden.co.za
Subject Re: Good Books
Date
Re: Good Books  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Bruno

There are a lot of the topics that I feel could have better (or more
comprehensive examples). In particular I am thinking of plpgsql. One
example is information about working with Exceptions (postgresql specific)
and another is the small amount of info about the RAISE Statement.

Refering to my mention of exceptions above, the following is information
that I could not find in the standard docs:
How to use(Return using RAISE) the actual exception code and message once
you have handled the error. This is especially usefull if you have used
WHEN OTHERS to catch the error.

Thanks
Craig