Odd Problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ralph Mason
Subject Odd Problems
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have about 15 postgres databases, recently I have noticed on a few of
them odd errors.

Basically I have seen two different manifestations of the same problem
(which I think is index coruption).

In case 1, updates and or inserts fail due to a constraint on the table,
however they should be succeeding.

in the second case I get ERROR:  could not access status of transaction
126746624  and an error following about a log file (in data/pg_clog)
that does not exisit.

In both case doing a REINDEX on the table fixes the problem.   I have
had the problem happen about 5 times over the last week on 3 different
databases on different tables.

Running: PostgreSQL 8.0.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc (GCC) 3.3.5  (Gentoo Linux 3.3.5-r1, ssp-3.3.2-3,
pie-8.7.7.1)

Thanks
Ralph