Re: [HACKERS] Proposed patch to getaddrinfo.c to support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Proposed patch to getaddrinfo.c to support
Date
List pgsql-patches
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> I thought this had been tested. I should have tested it myself. Apologies.

Right, I thought I tested it, well maybe it was my version dunno but
surely it was my mistake.

> Anyway, with Petr's extra patch I get a clean build, but "make check"
> fails with a postmaster bind failure and a pgsql failure,  both with and
> without IPv6 installed, on my Xp-PRO SP1 box. When IPv6 is installed it
> complains about an unknown family 23 (which is Windows-speak for AF_INET6).
>
> So, not quite there yet.

[I did make check only in W2K because I don't have direct access to XP
machine now]
No thats not windows error thats postgres error (look at pqcomm.c),
which means HAVE_IPV6 is not defined. I think it should be made that
HAVE_IPV6 and HAVE_STRUCT_ADDRINFO is always defined under windows (and
also #include <ws2tcpip.h> in getaddrinfo.h otherwise it won't build)
but I am not familiar with build system so somebody else will have to do
it (I am not familiar with whole configure thingy at all).
With those changes it should finally work.

--
Regards
Petr Jelinek (PJMODOS)