Re: Stuff running slooow - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Stuff running slooow
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Eh. That would be me looking at the mail that didn't pass the listserver
> :-)
>
> Picking one that does, thouhg, my mails typicall pass through a box at
> commandprompt.com, so the argument holds while the example was broken.

Well one thing I can tell you is that it definately appears as if the
mailing lists need help.

It seems to take a LONG time for a post to show up for any particular
person, when it should be almost instantaenous.

I know the problem is not on our end as I am watching messages being
relayed faster than I can read them but somewhere there is a bottleneck.

I have mentioned previously that I would really like to see the email
lists move to mailman (long list of reasons why but I don't want to
start a war).

The long and short is I have never understood why it takes so long for
posts to show up.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake