Re: plpgsql: returning multiple named columns from function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Lawler
Subject Re: plpgsql: returning multiple named columns from function
Date
List pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> perhaps even any existing column in a table.
>
> I think what you are looking for is SetOF functions.
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/functions-srf.html

Thanks for the response.

The reference you indicated is talking about Set Returning Functions.
I'm looking to return multiple *columns* from a function, not rows.

Plus, the main part was to be able to have the columns (arbitrarily)
named as if they'd been selected from a table.  I hope that there's
something about as easy as the example I cited from MS SQL.