Re: policies and extensions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: policies and extensions
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2/17/20 2:46 PM, Marc Munro wrote:
> I tried to define a policy within an extension but the policy does not
> seem to belong to the extension.  Is this the way it is supposed to be?
>
> This is postgres 9.5.21
>
> Here is the relevant code from the extension:
>
>      create table rls2 (
>        username text not null,
>        details  text not null
>      );
>
>      create policy only_owner on rls2
>        for all
>        to session_user
>        using (username = user);
>
> The table, as expected, depends on the extension but the policy does
> not (determined by querying pg_depend).
>
> Am I missing something special about policies or is this an oversight?

?:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/sql-createpolicy.html

"The CREATE POLICY command defines a new row-level security policy for a
table. Note that row-level security must be enabled on the table (using
ALTER TABLE ... ENABLE ROW LEVEL SECURITY) in order for created policies
to be applied."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com