Re: Prepared statement invalidation - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Daniel Heath
Subject Re: Prepared statement invalidation
Date
List pgsql-novice
Is there a transaction isolation mode that would help with the specific case of adding a column to a table? EG to
preventa prepared statement from seeing the new schema?

Thanks,
Daniel Heath

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021, at 10:17 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Daniel Heath" <daniel@heath.cc> writes:
> > I've found that when I add a new column, I sometimes get a spike of errors on the application side due to prepared
statementquery plans getting invalidated, causing transactions to rollback.