Re: About using plpgsql funciton variable as the table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ying Lu
Subject Re: About using plpgsql funciton variable as the table
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you all for the helping.

I made a bit changes as the following and it works.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION update_code_map(VARCHAR, VARCHAR) RETURNS
VARCHAR AS $$
DECLARE
    tableName           ALIAS FOR $1;
    st1_tabno_value   ALIAS FOR $2;
    rec_num               INTEGER;
    query_value         VARCHAR;
    myCountView      RECORD;
BEGIN
        query_value :=  'SELECT COUNT(*) AS countNum FROM ' || tableName ;
        FOR myCountView IN EXECUTE query_value LOOP
            rec_num := myCountView.countNum;
        END LOOP;
        RAISE NOTICE 'There are % records in % table. ', rec_num,
tableName;

        RETURN 'Populate ' || tableName || ' successfully!';
END;
$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;
select update_code_map('code_map.dw_adm_dsn_map', '066');

- Emi