Re: psqlodbclibpq 8_1_03 unicode problem - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Josef Springer
Subject Re: psqlodbclibpq 8_1_03 unicode problem
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi Dave,

sorry i can't send you an example, because we use PostgreSQL with a Smalltalk environment. For an example you need not only the example itself but the most development environment. I have reported allread a bug for this.

Josef Spinger

Dave Page wrote:
If someone can post a reproducable example, I can look at this. So far though, every example I’ve tried has worked perfectly for me with various clients...

/D

-----Original Message-----
From: "Josef Springer"<Josef.Springer@JOOPS.COM>
Sent: 10/08/05 13:14:50
To: "pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org"<pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: [ODBC] psqlodbclibpq 8_1_03 unicode problem

I have the same problem and reported a bug.
It seems, that Unicode is readed unencoded (one byte per character)

Josef Springer

Simeó Reig wrote:

I am using the versionde psqlodbclibpq 8_01_003, to be able to use ssl
connections, and until the moment works well, but the problem has it
with
caracters like:

character Ñ, show like character ?
character ó, show like character ??

that I can make?

Thank you

I've the same problem too with spanish and catalan letters, Seems like
it don't support unicode characters.

Thanks a lot

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend