Questions about anonymous procedure/function. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ying Lu
Subject Questions about anonymous procedure/function.
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings,

I have a question about whether I am able to create an *anonymous*
procedure/function under postgreSQL 8. Something like:

Begin
   ... ...
   update ...
   IF ... THEN
   rollback
   END IF;
   ... ...
END;

I'd like to do a series of operations. If any one of the opers failed,
all previous operation will rollback. Actually, I do not want to create
named functions. Just used the structure for different tables with minor
changes.

Another question is about how to create a function/procedure do not need
a return value (void for return value). It seems that postgreSQL forces
to return some value?

Thanks a lot!
Emi