Re: Strange delete behaviour - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Renzo Kottmann
Subject Re: Strange delete behaviour
Date
List pgsql-general
Gnanavel S wrote:
> post the description of the t_node and t_document tables for more
> information
>
> On 8/1/05, Renzo Kottmann <renzo@tzi.de> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I have a strange delete behaviour in my postgres 8.0.3 database:
>>
>>If I try a
>>
>>delete
>>from t_node
>>where node_doc_id = XX;
>>
>>from inside a plpgsql function
>>
>>on this table:
>>
>>CREATE TABLE t_node (
>>node_global_id int4 DEFAULT nextval('seq_node') NOT NULL ,
>>node_doc_id int4 NOT NULL ,
>>node_local_id int4 NOT NULL ,
>>node_offset int4 NOT NULL ,
>>FOREIGN KEY ( node_doc_id )
>>REFERENCES t_document ( doc_id )
>>MATCH FULL ,
>>PRIMARY KEY ( node_global_id )
>>);
>>
>>CREATE UNIQUE INDEX idx_node ON t_node (
>>node_doc_id
>>node_local_id
>>);
>>
>>The deletion does not finish after several minutes and the CPU is
>>running at 100% all the time unless I stop postmaster. A select works
>>normal and gives me around 2500 rows. Does anybody has an idea why this
>>happens?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>renzo

t_node see above and in addition t_document:

CREATE TABLE  t_document  (
    doc_id             int4 DEFAULT nextval('seq_document')  NOT NULL ,
    doc_content_id     int4,
    doc_lr_id          int4 NOT NULL ,
    doc_url            text NULL ,
    doc_start          int4,
    doc_end            int4,
    doc_is_markup_aware  bool NOT NULL ,
   FOREIGN KEY ( doc_content_id )
      REFERENCES  t_doc_content ( dc_id )
      MATCH FULL ,
   FOREIGN KEY ( doc_lr_id )
      REFERENCES  t_lang_resource ( lr_id )
      MATCH FULL ,
   PRIMARY KEY ( doc_id )
);
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX xt_document_01 on  t_document (doc_lr_id);