Re: Quotation marks in queries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: Quotation marks in queries
Date
List pgsql-general
well, you could always write a little function that would loop through
every object and then rename to lower case and replace all spaces with _
underscores.  Then in your application code just rename everything
accordingly.

Once again, even if you are using M$ SQL server it would be a good idea
to avoid filenames with caps and spaces, I guess just keep that in mind
for future projects.  I have converted large access databases where the
users just used whatever the heck they wanted just by renaming
everything and it did not take that long.  It would be worth it in the
long run to do.

Good luck with your conversion.

Tony Caduto
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com
Home of PG Lighting Admin for Postgresql 8.x