Re: fixing REL7_3_STABLE build issues - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: fixing REL7_3_STABLE build issues
Date
List pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:

>"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>

>>Note that because of the way the buildfarm script works, this failure was
>>masking the seg errno bogosity. Maybe I should reverse the test order to
>>make contrib before running and regression tests.
>>

>Seems like that'd just mask a different set of failures.

Yeah. I think I'd be more concerned by core regression failures than
contrib build failures - especially as they are often likely to have
more far reaching consequences.

>Is it practical to teach the script to run the tests that depend only on
>what you were able to build?  I guess reporting the results would get
>more complicated ...

Not easily. It's really not much more on the client side than an
automation layer over existing build and test infrastructure. The script
itself has very little intelligence.

cheers

andrew