Re: PL/PGSQL: Dynamic Record Introspection - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: PL/PGSQL: Dynamic Record Introspection
Date
Re: PL/PGSQL: Dynamic Record Introspection  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Titus von Boxberg wrote:
> What do you mean by "right syntax". There are hundreds of examples
> in programming languages where a "small" syntactic difference leads to
> totally different semantics.

Well, I'm just not happy that "foo.bar" means something completely
different than "foo%bar" -- foo%bar isn't even fetching something called
"bar" from "foo". Anyway, I can't see a better syntax, so I suppose this
will do.

> Are there any general objections to implement this feature?

Not from me. You missed the 8.1 freeze by about two weeks, so I'm not
sure if this is a candidate for 8.1 though.

-Neil