Re: performance problems ... 100 cpu utilization - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dennis
Subject Re: performance problems ... 100 cpu utilization
Date
List pgsql-performance
Qingqing Zhou wrote:

>Are you sure 100% CPU usage is solely contributed by Postgresql? Also, from
>the ps status you list, I can hardly see that's a problem because of problem
>you mentioned below.

The postgreSQL processes are what is taking up all the cpu. There aren't
any other major applications on the machine. Its a dedicated database
server, only for this application.

It doesn't seem to make sense that PostgreSQL would be maxed out at this
point. I think given the size of the box, it could do quite a bit
better. So, what is going on? I don't know.

Dennis