Re: BUG #1753: Query Optimizer does not work well with libpg - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: BUG #1753: Query Optimizer does not work well with libpg
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Ernst Bachmann wrote:

> Bug reference:      1753
> Logged by:          Ernst Bachmann
> Email address:      e.bachmann@xebec.de
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3
> Operating system:   Linux
> PQexecParams
> Details:
>
> It looks like the query optimizer isn't taking the value of parameters sent
> with PQexecParams into account, thus generating (in my case, very) unoptimal
> plans

If PQexecParams uses the unnamed statement (it appears to), this
shouldn't happen -- planning of the unnamed statement is delayed until
the first set of parameter values is bound. This behaviour started in 8.0.

What's the query?

Are you definitely using PQexecParams() and not PQexecPrepared()?

-O