Re: Autovacuum integration patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Matthew T. O'Connor
Subject Re: Autovacuum integration patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
While we are at it (assuming the autovacuum patch gets included in 8.1)
we have a few autovacuum related todo items.

These are the ones I can think of right now:
* XID Wraparound improvement, moving to per-table vacuuming rather than
per database. (8.2)
* Alter table commands to set per table autovacuum threshold settings. (8.2)
* Incorporate FSM data to improve vacuum decision making (8.2)
* Deal with stats reset better, possibly force stats reset to false if
autovacuum is enabled. (8.2)
* Add the concept of a maintenance window to autovacuum. (maybe 8.1?)
* Have the VACUUM and ANALYZE commands update the pg_autovacuum table
itself.  This will allow autovacuum to work in harmony with manually
issued VACUUM's. (I would like to see this done for 8.1, but I will
understand if people demand that it wait for 8.2)
* Add some regression tests?  Not sure what would be appropriate here. (8.1)
* Improve autovacuum threshold defaults (8.1)

Anyone have anything to add to the list?

Matthew