Re: per user/database connections limit again - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: per user/database connections limit again
Date
List pgsql-patches
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>I was wondering if there was some way to defer the user check till a
>later time, when the pg_authid relation could be checked?  Not sure if
>that's a good idea, but it may help reduce the impact of the change, and
>thus chances that it'd be rejected.

Well It can, but it would mean one more lock on procarray and I didn't
want that and like I said, MyDatabaseId is read from flatfile too.
Auth flatfile is used only on two other places which I also patched so I
don't see this as a problem (it's used in hba.c to check role membership
and in crypt.c for password verification)

--
Regards
Petr Jelinek (PJMODOS)