Re: COPY FROM performance improvements - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: COPY FROM performance improvements
Date
List pgsql-patches

Luke Lonergan wrote:

>Andrew,
>

>>You might like to look at running pgindent (see src/tools/pgindent) over
>>the file before cutting a patch. Since this is usually run over each
>>file just before a release, the only badness should be things from
>>recent patches.
>>

>I've attached two patches, one gained from running pgindent against the
>current CVS tip copy.c (:-D) and one gained by running the COPY FROM perf
>improvements through the same.  Nifty tool!
>
>Only formatting changes in these.

Luke,

Something strange has happened. I suspect that you've inadvertantly used
GNU indent or an unpatched BSD indent. pgindent needs a special patched
BSD indent to work according to the PG standards - see the README

cheers

andrew