Re: limiting connections per user/database - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Petr Jelínek
Subject Re: limiting connections per user/database
Date
List pgsql-patches
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>Prepared transactions can be filtered out by checking the pid struct
>member.  I'm not sure if anybody would object to adding the
>authenticated user Id to ProcArray, but I don't see why not.

Very well, it seems to work this way (although the code for storing
userid in PGPROC isn't as clean as I hoped).

The problem now is that I am storing those limits in system catalog but
there is no ALTER DATABASE implementation which I could use to change
this - there are only RENAME, OWNER and SET implementations and those
are not usable for "normal" properties (SET is for guc variables only
which was the actual reason for me to use guc variables first time).
That said I think that I will have to implement some ALTER DATABASE
command for those purposes and I am not sure if I can handle it because
I am not familiar with bison (I have even problems to add new ALTER USER
property to existing implementation).

--
Regards
Petr Jelinek (PJMODOS)