Re: limiting connections per user/database - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Petr Jelínek
Subject Re: limiting connections per user/database
Date
Re: limiting connections per user/database  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@surnet.cl>)
Re: limiting connections per user/database  (Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>)
List pgsql-patches
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>I don't think this approach is very user-friendly.  I'd vote for the
>catalog approach, I think.

Ok I am fine with both but catalog changes would mean more hacking of
ALTER DATABASE and ALTER USER.

>Maybe you could make some checks against the shared array of PGPROCs
>(procarray.c), for the per-database limit at least.  Not sure about
>per-user limit.

Thats good idea (I could maybe add userid to PGPROC struct too) but I
think there could be problem with two phase commits because they add new
entry to that array of PGPROCs too and I don't kow if we want to include
them to that limit.

--
Regards
Petr Jelinek (PJMODOS)