Re: [SQL] Permission denied for language pltclu - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: [SQL] Permission denied for language pltclu
Date
List pgsql-general
Dinesh Pandey wrote:
> Sorry I didn't get it exactly. Because the same function (send e-mail) I am
> able to create at my end, but our client is not able to create it at their
> end.
>
> 1. Is there some problem in installation?
> 2. Problem with system user permission executing that database?
> 3. Problem With Database user permission?

Number 3 - it is to do with a PostgreSQL user account. That user needs
to be a superuser.

> Now how to change permission of that user to be able to create this
> function?

A good place to start with this sort of thing is the manuals. In the 7.4
manuals, I'd start with:
  Ch 36.1. Installing Procedural Languages
  Ch 17.2. User Attributes
  Reference I - the "ALTER USER" command

Note that you may want to make the client's user a superuser just long
enough to install the language and/or functions.
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd