Re: pg_buffercache causes assertion failure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: pg_buffercache causes assertion failure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mark Kirkwood wrote:

> I couldn't use int4 as the underlying datatype is unsigned int (not
> available as exposed Pg type). However, using int8 sounds promising (is
> int8 larger than unsigned int on 64-bit platforms?).

Blocknumber is defined as uint32 in block.h - so should always be safe
to represent as an int8 I am thinking.

I will look at patching pg_buffercache, changing numeric -> int8 for the
relblocknumber column. This seems a tidier solution than using numeric,
and loses the numeric overhead.

regards

Mark