Re: Speeding up the Postgres lexer - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Speeding up the Postgres lexer
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Dunno.  Depending on such a thing would require depending on a new flex
> version, and seeing that the flex guys haven't put out a new release
> since the badly broken 2.5.31 more than 2 years ago, I wouldn't hold
> my breath waiting for one we can use.

It should be easy enough to check for the presence of the flag at
configure-time and only use it if flex implements it. Prior to reading
Simon's message I was actually thinking of hacking up the same thing :),
so I agree it is probably worth doing.

-Neil