Re: [HACKERS] Pg V10: Patch for bug in bonjour support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Pg V10: Patch for bug in bonjour support
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Pg V10: Patch for bug in bonjour support  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Luke Lonergan <luke@brightforge.com> writes:
> On 11/8/17, 3:00 PM, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> BTW, when I try this on Fedora 25, it builds cleanly but the feature
>> doesn't seem to work --- I get this at postmaster start:
>> I wonder which libdns_sd you are using.

> libavahi-compat-libdnssd1:amd64: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdns_sd.so.1.0.0

Hm, the library on F25 is also avahi's.  Digging in the archives, I find
this old thread reporting the same behavior:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/17824.1252293423%40sss.pgh.pa.us

So now I'm wondering if you know something the rest of us don't about
how to configure the platform for bonjour to work.

I'm also a bit disturbed about the report that libdns_sd was causing
the postmaster to become multithreaded.  If still true, that's quite
bad, and might be a reason to decide we don't want this change after
all.