Re: INSTEAD OF trigger on VIEWs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan B.
Subject Re: INSTEAD OF trigger on VIEWs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I have a similar problem and already considered using RULEs, but I
encountered the problem, that I did not find any way to execute
procedures from RULEs without using SELECT, which creates always a
result set being passed to the application invoking the INSERT, UPDATE
or DELETE, even if the function is declared VOID. This is causing
trouble when using asynchronous command processing.